Here is a list of items to address when you arrive on campus!
Attend the mandatory orientation events:
- New Student Orientation
- Plan of Study Meeting
- Library Orientation
- Information on these mandatory events will be emailed out by the MALS Admissions Coordinator approximately one month before the start of the term
Check-in for the term on Banner
Get your Student ID card (Dartmouth Card)
Buy books for your classes
Get a parking permit
- Dartmouth graduate students are eligible for on-campus parking permits. The Parking & Transportation Services office is located in '53 Commons.
International Student check-in with the Office of Visa and Immigration Services (OVIS)
- A staff member from OVIS will be in touch to schedule a check-in at the start of the term with each new international student.
Online Ethics Survey
- All first-year graduate students must complete the Graduate Ethics Survey once they arrive on campus (and have a Dartmouth email account). You will need to read Sources: Their Use and Acknowledgment and the Honor Principle and Code of Conduct. Then please complete the survey, indicating that you have read and understand both documents. Each student accepts Dartmouth's Honor Principle and Code of Conduct upon registering as a graduate student. A student found in violation of either policy forfeits his/her right to continue at Dartmouth. The survey must be completed before you may register for the following term.
- To complete the Graduate Ethics Survey:
- Canvas will send a message to your Dartmouth email account, inviting you to join the Grad Ethics course.
- Accept the invitation by clicking on the link in the email.
- Read the introduction and then click on Take the Grad Ethics Survey. You must answer "yes" to all four questions.
- If you delete the message before you fill out the survey, don't worry! It will automatically be resent.